Interview attempt number one:
Me: Andrew, as a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Andrew: I dunno.
Me: Ok, well, how do you feel about the fact that you may be distantly related to Sarah Palin? (I am not making this shit up.)
Suffice to say, the interview was about as successful as my attempt to eat as much sugar as possible after Lent.
I've tried to ask him poignant/ridiculous questions a few times since then, but I've only received shrugs, monosyllabic replies, and the ever popular "I dunno". So I began brainstorming ways I could make him more talkative.
| "A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?"|
"Then I shall have to make you wings." Sucker gets me
- Using hand puppets. Must save hand puppet communication for serious relationship issues, like geting Andrew to play Rockband.
- Pretend to be a scary ghost that will haunt him eternally unless he answers a few simple questions. I'd probably accidentally scare myself instead.
- Torture him into speaking. Will have to research jail sentence for torture.
- Threaten that if he doesn't answer the questions, we'll watch Ever After over and over again every night for a week. He'll just go hunting every night instead.
- Get him drunk. Yep, that'll work.
So, with a plan in mind, I would like your help in finding questions to ask him during the interview. Examples of possible topics include his hickness, beer, his constant delay in proposing to me (even though I'm clearly awesome), hunting and why he doesn't consider taxidermy to be creepy as fuck.
Please refrain from asking questions pertaining to current events (since he lives under a rock), unless asking about country music, Ice Road Truckers, or Gwyneth Paltrow .
|The only woman that could possibly come between us. |
That is, if she suddenly left her husband and developped
a love for young, Canadian hicks. Possibility of
occurence: 0.5%. Andrew says the chance is still there.