Wednesday 22 February 2012

Hello, my Name is Christine, and I am a Hypochondriac.

Last night was a bit of an ordeal. However, before I talk about yesterday I need to bring in a little bit of backstory. Mostly to show that sometimes being a little paranoid saves lives, Andrew!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you know, I'm kind of totally a hypochodriac. This means that I have anxiety concerning my health and the health of others. While I'm not extreme to the point that I constanly think I have AIDS or cancer, I'm certainly not all Matthew McConaughey when it comes to my health (yes, I just turned Matthew McConaughey into an adjective.)

To those who don't quite get it, I have made it easier to understand through the examples given by Hypochondriac Squirrel.

I actually made this one myself.  True story.
I'M NOT PREGNANT! 
Poor Andrew has to deal with this daily. He stood by me when I had neverending stomach aches for an entire year that made me think I had crohn's disease, IBS, GERD, ulcers or appendicitis. Or a combination of these ailments. Turns out I simply had lactose intolerance and ate excessive amounts of cheese, butter and milk.
 
I can't check for possible illnesses anymore. Thanks,
Andrew. Also, I added long hair to the dude to make
him look more like me. Fabulous, I know.
Oops, my bad.

Because of this, I have been banned from surfing WebMD.

But that doesn't stop me from periodically checking to make sure that everyone is still breathing in the middle of the night. 

While this behaviour must be frustrating and incredibly annoying (and so not Matthew McConaughey), it can sometimes be advantageous, especially when it comes to the health of furry children.

1 comment:

OMG, you can comment!

You should totally comment.

You May Also Like These Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...